What is the best Geelong heating for my home?Home heating Geelong is an important consideration during the winter months, even in heating Geelong where temperatures rarely dip below freezing. Heating expenses can easily consume almost half of an average household energy budget, which makes energy efficiency an important goal for those who want to reduce home comfort expenses. If you need a new home heating system, you have several options for achieving highly efficient, low-cost operation that will keep your home warm and comfortable for many years. One of the most important factors in choosing a home heating system is the fuel source. The three most common fuel sources for home heating are natural gas, electricity, and Split Systems. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages that you'll need to consider before making a decision. Natural gas is the most popular choice for home heating because it is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Electric heaters are also becoming more popular because they are becoming more efficient and less expensive to operate. Gas-fired furnaces are typically the least efficient and most expensive option, but they may be the best choice for homes in rural areas where other fuel sources are not available. Another important consideration when choosing a home heating system is the type of heater you select. There are several different types of heaters available on the market, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. The most common type of heater is the forced-air furnace, which uses a blower to circulate heated air through ductwork in your home. Heating Geelong Radiant floor heating systems are becoming increasingly popular because they are more efficient than forced-air furnaces and provide even heating throughout your home. When selecting a home Geelong heating system, it's important to consult with a qualified heating contractor such as Too Hot To Handle Heating Geelong to ensure that you choose the best option for your home and your family's needs. Our team can help you compare the different types of systems available and make recommendations based on your specific situation. With a little research and careful planning, you can find a home heating system that will provide years of comfortable, efficient operation. Contact us Today Too Hot to Handle Heating and Cooling is here for all your Geelong heater services. We take care of general maintenance, repairs, and installations for all gas heaters from ducted gas heaters to wall furnaces. For expert advice, quality workmanship and outstanding customer satisfaction, contact us today!
Should I service my heater before winter? As we all prepare to snuggle into winter and spend more time at home than expected, we may notice the drafts and cold leakage more than we have in previous years. Heating units sit unused for half of the year and that is why here at Too Hot to Handle Heating and Cooling, we recommend you service your gas heater or gas log fire before winter hits. Regular maintenance of your heater will save you a future headache and ensure the longevity of your unit. It is something that is easily forgotten but should be done annually before running heaters for the first time. And of course, there’s always a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if it is not functioning properly.
What is carbon monoxide?Carbon monoxide is extremely dangerous and it’s important to understand how it could affect you. Carbon monoxide poisoning isn’t easy to diagnose because the gas is colourless and odourless, you don’t know it’s there and before you know it you are getting drowsy and sick. The symptoms are similar to those of the flu. You may not necessarily have a clear indication of what is happening to you and thousands of people in Australia have been admitted to hospital in the past twenty years for carbon monoxide poisoning. Unfortunately, people are reactive and wait until something has happened to act. Do not wait until it’s too late. The best way to avoid a carbon monoxide disaster is to service your heater and get a carbon monoxide test. Find out more about our carbon monoxide testing.
The Too Hot to Handle Heater ServiceSigning up for a Too Hot to Handle heater service is much more than just a simple check. Our technicians perform hundreds of gas heater services each year. They are the best in their field. When servicing your ducted gas heater, they will:
- Do a comprehensive carbon monoxide test
- Clean the dust build-up on the fan motor assembly
- Check the flame sensor and clean it
- Check and adjust spark gaps on the igniter
- Check that capacitors are running the motor within the specified range
- Test that the burning pressure is correctly set
- Check the seal on the flue connection
- Check all electrical connections
- Test for the correct airflow
- Clean the return air grill and the return air cavity
- Check the seal on the return air cavity
- Ensure the whole unit is working as it should
Safety TipsIn addition to servicing your gas heater this winter, you should keep in mind the following safety tips:
- Never leave a heater unattended – don’t go out to get some milk and return to a fire
- Turn it off when you’re leaving the room or going to sleep
- Don’t let pets or children play too close to a heater
- Don’t dry clothes with your heater – dry them in the room, not close to the heat source
- Make sure your smoke alarms are functional and operational
Contact us TodayToo Hot to Handle Heating and Cooling is here for all your gas heater services. We take care of general maintenance, repairs, and installations for all gas heaters from ducted gas heaters to wall furnaces. For expert advice, quality workmanship and outstanding customer satisfaction, contact us today!
Problem With Heating & Cooling SystemToo Hot to Handle Heating & Cooling Geelong guarantees all systems we sell and install. If there is ever a problem with a system we installed, call us immediately. We’re readily available to organise all services and repairs on your behalf. Too Hot to Handle Heating and Cooling provides a vast range of heating and cooling systems at very competitive prices. Some of the systems available, are hydronic heating; gas ducted heating; split systems; evaporative cooling; electric heating panels; slab heating, and ducted reverse cycle systems.
Heating ProblemsWinters can be extreme if you don’t have an efficient ducted heating Geelong. Some of the problems with regular heating systems include:
- High-Energy Bills: Don’t satisfy yourself by accepting that all heating systems absorb large energies. The best-ducted heating systems ensure energy efficiency at your place.
- Weak Flow: Large spaces don’t necessarily require large solutions but need smart ones. Employing a ducted heating system regulates the heat flow in your place. The addition of the zoning option ensures that you have zero wastage at your site.
- Difficult Control: Toggling between different remote controls is difficult and frustrating. Go for the single control ducted systems for keeping your place warm with a single click.
Cooling ProblemsKeeping small areas cool is easy as compared to big homes. There are enormous cooling problems in ductless air conditioning systems like:
- Irregular Cooling: The space opposite the air-conditioning unit is well-cooled compared to the places away from it. Hence, it would help if you had uniform cooling in all areas in your home to ensure comfort for each inhabitant.
- Interfere With Decor: Single air-conditioning unit pops out of the wall that hampers your place’s décor. Going for ducting cooling Geelong ensures that it blends well with your place’s interior.
- Noisy Cooling: The compressor units of the standard air-conditioning are inside your room. Hence, it is not as quite in operations as you thought it to be. Opting for the ductless system allows you noise-free operations.